Friday, September 13, 2013

Ok, I won't lie - today wasn't my favorite day.  I started the morning off by going over to the storage shed I'm renting so I could unload my snow tires, skis, and other things I won't be needing anytime soon.  I had to hurry back, change clothes, and speedwalk a mile over to Georgetown for my stand-up paddle board lesson.  I thought it was awfully windy and thought it might be a disaster, but nobody called so I kept going.  Of course once I got there, "Oh yeah, sorry, we've cancelled that for today." Grr!  So back up the stairs, over the bridge, and up the hill I went.  I decided my mood was already annoyed enough, I might as well spend the rest of the afternoon at the DMV getting a Virginia drivers license and get my car registered over here.  Indeed, that took a full 3+ hours, sitting in a room with no wi-fi, no magazines, and no vending machines.  I had a terrible headache by the time it was my turn, so here is the plate I picked, to match my mood today :-)


Another annoyance today -- Siri has been messing with me!  She's been directing me into this awful round-a-bout which is just the most accident-prone awful one I've ever encountered, right near Arlington Cemetery.  Fortunately I've discovered a bypass and will avoid THAT mess in the future!

I'm hoping for a good sleep tonight and fun adventures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment