Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I'm sure no one is too interested in hearing how I took the cardboard boxes downstairs, and the day-to-day dull stuff, so let's skip to the good stuff.
Trader Joe's = quite possibly the most fun grocery store ever!  I snapped some quick shots of a couple of the first signs I read.  Someone there has a sense of humor :-)

I took the subway to DC to go to a pharmacist there and ask them some of my law questions that I was not finding answers to.  Rather clever of me, I must say.  After that, I took a bus over to Georgetown and spent well over an hour wandering along M Street.  The Home Store/TJ Maxx was impressive.  Here's a photo of just one of the steals you can find!  Once I got home, I could've kicked myself for passing on this.

I don't have any photos from my walk home, but it was lovely.  I stopped in at Dean & Deluca and bought a little demi baguette, then walked to Key Bridge and crossed over the Potomac into Rosslyn.  I've got some blisters for my efforts but it was just the most wonderful day and the most wonderful walk.  I kept smiling for no good reason at all, other than loving my surroundings and finding it hard to believe that this is now home!  
4.56 miles today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment