Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Annapolis

Today I was feeling pretty indecisive about what to do, because I didn't want to do the one thing I should do, which is finish unpacking!  I looked at the map and decided a day trip to Annapolis sounded like fun.  It was a nice little drive and I really enjoyed walking around Historic Old Town.  I took a tour, which I can't say I'd recommend.  We saw just a handful of things and the guy spent too long, in my opinion, talking about architecture of the buildings/houses.
I walked down to the end of Dock Street, hoping to catch the last harbor cruise and get a view of the town and US Naval Academy from the water, but there weren't enough people so they cancelled it :-(  I was really looking forward to being out on the water on a gorgeous, crisp day like today.

I'm still having the worst time with the freeways!  Exits are not always from the right lane, I have to pick between 95, 295, 395, and 495, and I think I've picked the wrong lane for the last time over by Memorial Bridge.   I have a pretty good sense of direction and am always the navigator, but there is nothing intuitive about the roads around here!  Also, it's surprisingly hard to find a car wash.

My brother comes tomorrow, so I need to have the roads figured out by then so I won't get too much grief from him.  As it is, I've spent the last 4 hours unpacking and organizing my office so he can use it as a bedroom while he's here. zzzzzz. Good thing I have 23 more hours to get everything just right :-)

1 comment:

  1. So fun to catch up with you! I just read a book about Annapolis and so fun to see pictures.

    The one time I've been to the DC area we had a horrible time navigating and ended up right in front of the White House in a traffic jam on the 4th of July watching the fireworks in the rain instead of across the river in VA at our hotel. No one at the hotel could see them so it turned out okay.(:

    Hope the test turned out well!

    ReplyDelete