Friday, August 30, 2013

The moving truck is on its way

A million thanks to my parents for coming to help me finish boxing up everything.  I continued to purge stuff that was just "cute" or just for decoration and had no function at all, and things I had too many of, etc.  The movers were amazing!!  The driver, Richard, drives a 53 foot long truck.  It took him a little while to figure out how he would get it in here to this complex, but he did it and between him and his helper, they wrapped everything that was not in a box in great big blankets, and stacked it clear up to the ceiling of the truck.  I thought I had a large load but they said it's the smallest one they've ever done together!
It was worth every penny.  Those guys were professionals and strong, to boot!  Now I'm left with 3 suitcases, a bedspread (I'm using it as a chair right now), and some basics that I will take back to Mom & Dad's when I go on Sunday.  1.5 days of work and my life in Yakima will be wrapped up.
Uff da!  We just went to Red Robin for a celebration lunch :-)

Please click link below to see photos:
Moving Day Album

No comments:

Post a Comment