Monday, August 5, 2013

What? Washington DC?

Yes, I've finally gone and done it! I've been wanting to shake things up in my life and I've been wanting a change, but I never knew where I should go. I've considered Florida, California, and even Seattle, but none were quite the right option. A friend suggested I check out Washington DC, because he knew the city well and thought I'd really enjoy being surrounded by young, professional, active people. When I was there in October, I felt instantly at home and loved the city. I've been watching the job market since that time and started taking a few steps to free myself to leave. Most critical was selling the house, which happened in May. I had some applications out at that time but did not have my first interview until mid-June. That lead to a follow-up interview, and that lead to a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment