Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Househunting Day 2

This morning, I got up, went to Georgetown Hospital to do my drug test, and then went to the bookstore to check out the t-shirts and Georgetown gear. I decided to wait until I get over there rather than dragging it home to Yakima, then back over. I walked across campus to the campus shuttle that takes riders across the river to the Rosslyn Metro station. From there, I walked up the hill, past Mark Felt parking garage. I reached my first stop, the brand new (and partly still under construction) Sedona-Slate apartment buildings. Sedona has one style of decor, Slate is slightly different. I went in and met the leasing people and asked to see what they had. Well the first 1 bedroom I walked into had me hooked because it had floor-to-ceiling windows! What a difference that makes in how big the space feels! I wasn't bedazzled with the walk-in-closet, and I was really hoping for 1BR with a den (for visitors), so I asked to see the next one. I had a good feeling about the complex though. I liked the kitchen I saw. The 1 BR with den did not have the floor to ceiling windows, and felt much smaller. I didn't like the kitchen layout either. I asked if they had any others to show me that were 1 BR + den with floor to ceiling windows. We came back down to the office and she pulled up the list and they had one left!! It was smaller than the one she showed me, but I still wanted to see it. As soon as I walked in, I knew that was the one I wanted. Floor to ceiling windows, better kitchen layout, and better view than the previous one. It's on the 2nd floor from the top, so 12th floor up from the ground. They have a nice rooftop pool, more for splashing than swimming; an outdoor grill, a club room with pool table, fire place, jumbo TV, etc; 24hr gym with weights, cardio machines; and apparently a little "pocket park" in the back with more grills and a business center. Certainly all I need and then some. I was so relieved I had to do a little happy dance! I'll be the first occupant in the apartment, which actually isn't even 100% ready yet. It's a smoke-free complex, very "green", with recycling, special paint, lights, energy-friendly appliances, and all that good stuff. Plus lots of nice security features that will give me peace of mind. I loved the location, with the Metro 2 blocks away (Rosslyn station), Starbucks right outside (for visitors, not for me), grocery stores 2 Metro stops away, 1 mile walk to Georgetown Shops, and 2.1 miles to work! There are a few restaurants around there and I'm sure with time I'll find more. This will give me the urban experience I was hoping for. YIPPIE!

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog, janell! i can't wait to see photos of your apartment...and everything...hope your first day of work is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete