Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Joy of Tidying Up project

So I read the fabulous book "The Joy of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo, and really took it to heart.  Once I was done, I discovered that my apartment had enough storage space after all, I just had too much stuff!!  Here are some pictures of before/after and here are some embarrassing numbers (to follow)!  I don't think of myself as a hoarder but oh my -  how on earth did I acquire so much stuff that I don't really even love/like?!
Started with the clothes

Then I tackled the books.  There are more - this was the first culling

With this many beauty supplies, you'd think I would have looked like a beauty queen!


You'd also think I was a gourmet chef!  How did this happen?!?

So the cool honest truth is: this worked.  I got rid of a ton of things and actually found I started using these things I love more and more.  I've started cooking. I love the clothes I kept. I don't miss any of it!  In fact, I will soon go through and get rid of more.  It's very liberating!

No comments:

Post a Comment